Thank You for Your Support and Generosity
Although UPAVIM supports its school and daycare 100% through the sale of its crafts, our other programs rely on generous donations from people who believe in what we are doing and want to help. We gratefully accept donations and are extremely appreciative of any contributions to our programs. UPAVIM has received support from numerous churches, individuals, stores, non-profit organizations, and foundations since the cooperative began in 1988.
All donations are tax-deductible in the U.S.A.
The UPAVIM Community Development Foundation (UCDF) is a 501C3 organization based in the United States. Part of our mission is to raise funds for the programs UPAVIM offers in Guatemala. All money received from donations, except a tiny amount used for stamps and envelopes to thank donors, goes directly to UPAVIM programs.
Thank you for your generous support.
UPAVIM’s fundraising needs at this time are:
- 1. Support Completion of the Annex Building
- The 4th floor of the Annex is now able to hold classes, which has helped greatly with school overcrowding, but, additional donations are very much needed to complete the roof playground and add solar panels. The playground will allow the children to have a safe space to play and get some physical activity and the solar panels will lower UPAVIM’s electric costs and add to the care of our earth. Additionally, through the construction of the 4th floor the library has space to expand and add additional computer lab space. We need to raise approximately $12,000 in order to construct a safe and enjoyable playground for the students in the UPAVIM school.
- 2. Support the English Program
- By receiving high-quality, bilingual education, the children of La Esperanza will be better equipped to compete for employment in Guatemala’s increasingly global economy. The English Immersion Program not only broadens the future education and employment opportunities, but it also nearly doubles the number of hours students are in school, providing them with a nurturing environment away from the gang violence that is rampant on the streets of La Esperanza. When you make a donation to UPAVIM’s school, you are truly taking part in the transformation of this community.
- 3. Support for the Scholarship Program
- For Primary School and Junior High students, the $54 Beca helps to cover the cost of their basic school supplies, and supplies for them to use at the Reforzamiento tutoring center and pay the salary of a guatemalan teacher. A committee of UPAVIMas evaluates the applications to determine which children in the community have the greatest need for the scholarships and all students are required to pass their classes to automatically receive this scholarship the following year.
- 1 time payment of $54 for the year to sponsor 1 child
- $4.50/month for one child
- $9.00/month for 2 children
- $13.50/month for 3 children
- 4. Support for the Community Library
US-based Child Aid has helped train Viviana Ortiz, a UPAVIMa, as a librarian. Vivi quickly embraced her role and transformed the small space into a vibrant community library. The library has grown and gotten better every year. The library has expanded into a larger space and needs donations in order to increase the number of books and computers available to the community.
- 5. Support for the Medical Clinic
UPAVIM’s clinic is in need of funding to cover the salaries of our doctor and nurse who without we would not have a clinic. It costs $800/ month for the 2 of them.
- 6. General Donations
- A donation to the general fund allows the monies to be used where they are most needed, which is extremely beneficial for the organization.
- 7. Travel Expenses
- Board members and volunteers are responsible for any travel expenses they may incur, however donations of unused air miles are gratefully accepted.
Thank you for your support!
- Please mail your donations to:
- UPAVIM Community Development Foundation
- c/o Janessa Landeck
- 1700 Sheely Dr.
- Fort Collins, CO 80526
UCDF – UPAVIM Community Development Foundation
- A registered U.S. based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Please specify on your check how you would like your funds used, or designate As Needed.
Thank you for your support!
For further details please contact us anytime.
UPAVIM’s Generous Supporters include:
Port Orange Presbyterian Church
Artisans World Marketplace
Fawn United Methodist Church
Elizabeth and Russ Tyldesley
Raymond E Dugan
The Presbytery of New Covenant
St. Matthew Evangelical Lutheran Church
Mary Joan Ferrara-Marsland
The Rotary Club of Paso Robles
The Rotary Club of Paso Robles-Sunrise
The Rotary Club of Atascadero
Rotary Service Inc.
The Rotary Club of Piedmont
Rotary Club International
The Palmer Foundation
John and September Woods
Kateri Kondrat and Kevin Winsett
Duncan and Stephanie Downs Hughes
Mary and Kerby Neill
Michael and Brittany Norman
Marcia Bellas and Richmond West
Calvin and Leoma Steffen
Maxwell Ebenezer Lutheran Church
Mary Em and Jack Wallace
Heritage Spinning and Weaving
Market Square Presbyterian Church
New Dublin Presbyterian Church
Lutheran Church of the Living Word
North Decatur Presbyterian Church
Sayler Hawkins Foundation
Allen S. Orton
Jean W. Orton
Betty and Gerald May
Caroline Saunders Memorial Fund
St. John Evangelical Roman Catholic Church
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
Northwoods Presbyterian Church
Vecinos Craft Shop
Florida Tropical Weavers Guild
Celtic Cross Mission Community