Introduction: Community Services
UPAVIM is a grassroots organization that has over 20 years of experience in the development of a variety of programs for the collective benefit of the population of La Esperanza, a marginalized area of Guatemala City. Our organization has worked arduously to improve the situation of poor women and their families, and has become a beacon of opportunity and hope in this community.
- Generate employment
- Address health care needs
- Provide educational services for adults and children
These programs provide services not only to our women, but to thousands of people in La Esperanza and other nearby communities. Some programs are free and the rest charge a low price. These programs are supported by craft sales and other income generating projects we have started as well as international donations and grants.
- Growth Monitoring Program (1988-present)
- Laboratory, Pharmacy and Medical Clinic (1991-present)
- Alternative Learning Center (2002 – present
- Day Care/Nutrition Center (1994 – present)
- Scholarships (1988 – present)
- Tutoring Center (1992 – present)
- Library ( 2008 – present)
- English Program ( 2008 – present)