Welcome to the Reforzamiento Tutoring Program
UPAVIM seeks highly motivated and caring volunteers to work in the tutoring center and teach children grades K-6.
Responsibilities of Reforzamiento volunteers include:
- Assistant teaching of Prepa (preschool) class
- Giving English lessons to community members
- Tutoring students one-on-one
- Instructing lessons to small groups
- Have experience working with children
- Be conversational in Spanish
- Be a self-starter and self-regulator
Length of Commitment:
A minimum commitment of four months is required but one year is preferred. The responsibilities of volunteering in the tutoring center consume 8 hours per weekday.
The Role of the Volunteer
UPAVIM volunteers find their experience to be demanding but rewarding. Working and living in a developing country demands a lot of energy and flexibility. Many volunteers have found room for their own creativity and interest. Reforzamiento is always improving through the special talents and ideas of volunteers.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please complete the application found below and send it to us at the address below.
EMAIL APPLICATION TO:
volunteerupavim*gmail.com ( Please add the Subject Line: “Tutoring Program” )
The tutoring center is an island of calm for many kids in this troubled neighborhood.